Cancun International Airport Wins a 2022 World Travel Award
September 2, 2022
On August 31, 2022, the World Travel Awards (WTA) for the Caribbean & The Americas held their Gala Ceremony at Sandals Montego Bay. This event includes the elite of the travel industry and is where it was announced who is the leader in each of their respective categories.
In the category for Mexico & Central America's Leading Airport 2022, there were 7 nominees. They were as follows:
- Cancun International Airport, Mexico
- Benito Juarez International Airport, Mexico City, Mexico
- General Juan N. Alvarez International Airport, Acapulco, Mexico
- Juan Santamaria International Airport, San Jose, Costa Roca
- La Aurora International Airport, Guatemala City, Guatemala
- Monseñor Oscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport, El Salvador
- Tocumen International Airport, Panama City, Panama
We are very excited to announce that the winner in the category for “Mexico & Central America's Leading Airport 2022” is Cancun International Airport, Mexico! This is not the first time that this distinction has been awarded to Cancun International Airport. They also won this distinction in 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020! Congratulations to Cancun International Airport!