There is a new Mexican law that limits the amount of foreign currency a business can accept each month. This new law has a direct impact on visitors to Cancun because foreign currency is not as well accepted as before. Now, some places like restaurants, bars, shops, flea markets, taxis, buses, etc. may ask you to pay in Mexican pesos when before you could paid with almost any foreign currency. T he truth of the matter is that you will need to have Mexican pesos at one time or another.
Is this new law a big deal?
Not really. Today most of the people exchange their money online because it is more convenient, safe, and the exchange rate is a lot better 75 currencies available . Very few people don't know that they can exchange their money online and usually they come from countries where this service is not available so they have to wait until they get to Mexico to get pesos. Right now the Online Exchange Service is available for the following countries:
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United State
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
If you are coming from any of the countries above our best advice to you is to change some of your vacation money to Mexican pesos before you get to Cancun, you can do it for free online now instead of paying for it later here. Commission Free and best priced at Travelex In addition, you need time to get familiar with the Mexican bills, mark the bills for easy identification, budget and organize your expenses, separate your money for shopping, food, souvenirs, tips, taxis, and feel more confident when dealin with Mexican pesos.
This is what you get when exchange your money online
- Better Exchange Rate. 75 currencies available
- Safe and reliable.
- No Commission. Commission Free and best priced at Travelex
- No Foreign Usage Fees.
- Free Money Buy Back Guarantee - This is perhaps THE MOST important aspect of getting your money. Free 0$ fee buy back
How much money should I get?
It all depends on how many people you are traveling with, how many days you will be in Mexico, what are you planing on doing, etc. On average a family of two people traveling for five days in Mexico would exchange about $1,000.00 USD. Again, this is just the average but it should give you an idea of how much money you should exchange now.
When you are ready to exchange your money, remember to follow the tips below so you can save even more:
- Use a large Online Money Exchange Agency like Travelex. Commission Free and best priced at Travelex
- Use your debit card to get your money.
- Do not use your Credit Card.
- Select the FREE pick up if available. Travelex offers this service.
- FREE pick up is not available select the delivery option that gives you the most time to get familiar with the money. Next day delivery option
- When in Mexico get rid of your "coins" before your bills.
- rid of the "old" looking bills before the "new" looking bills.
- Leave your receipt at home so when you come back you can exchange your money back to your currency. Free 0$ fee buy back
We hope this information clearly explains how to obtain Mexican pesos and how you can save on your next trip to Cancun.