COVID 19 TRAVEL ADVISORY
CANCUN AIRPORT COVID 19 TESTING INFORMATION
There are MOBILE TEST UNITS located at each of the DEPARTURE TERMINALS for passengers that require a rapid Covid-19 test. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS:
- Open from 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM EVERYDAY
- First come - First Serve. NO appointments available
- It takes approximately 30-60 minutes for the ANTIGEN results
- It take approximately 24-48 hours for the PCR Test
- The test costs approximately $290.00 pesos PER ANTIGEN TEST
- The test costs approximately $2000.00 pesos PER PCR TEST
- Opening Hours, Locations, Availability, and Price may change without notice
- There is NO contact information available. These are MOBILE units. If you had a test done, look at the papers/results you received in your email for information regarding your test.
We STRONGLY RECOMMEND you arrive at the Cancun Airport with your test results already specially if you need a PCR Test. The mobile units are A LAST RESORT in case you were not able to get a test in advance. Many hotels and travel companies offer the test for free, so it is in your best interest to check with your hotel, travel agent, and airline for your best option.
Many major hotels in Cancun, Riviera Maya, and Tulum are offering Covid-19 Testing services to their guests for free or special fee, please contact your hotel DIRECTLY for information and details
If you are not staying at a hotel CLICK HERE for a list of labs providing Covid-19 Testing. This list is provided by the local authorities and may change at any time
For the Local Authorities Information regarding Covid-19 please CLICK HERE.
The information presented here is for information purposes ONLY and IS NOT intended as a policy or official protocol. CancunAirport.com IS NOT liable or responsible if the information changes or is inaccurate at any time.
Traveling to the USA
Effective January 26, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will require all air passengers entering the United States (including U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents) to present a negative COVID-19 test, taken within three calendar days of departure ( Read the Official Policy Announcement from the CDC).
The local Government, Cancun Airport, and the Cancun Hotels are working together to assist all visitors with this new travel requirement. Please continue to visit this website for updates and new information regarding Covid-19 testing sites, rates, and making appointments.
Traveling to CANADA
COVID-19 Testing required for people flying into Canada
Starting January 7, 2021, air travelers 5 years of age or older are required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 molecular test result to the airline prior to boarding international flights bound for Canada (Read the Official Policy Announcement from the Government of Canada)
The local Government, Cancun Airport, and the Cancun Hotels are working together to assist all visitors with this travel requirement. Please continue to visit this website for updates and new information regarding Covid-19 testing sites, rates, and making appointments.
Traveling to OTHER countries
If you are flying to other countries, please make sure you check their travel restrictions and Covid-19 Testing requirements as soon as possible. In addition, we recommend you check with your airline for THEIR travel policies regarding international travel and Covid-19 Testing.
If you need a Covid-19 Test, the local Government, Cancun Airport, and the Cancun Hotels are working together to assist all visitors with this travel requirement. Please continue to visit this website for updates and new information regarding Covid-19 testing sites, rates, and making appointments.
TRANSPORTATION ADVISORY: COVID-19 COMPLIANCE INFORMATION
YOU MUST reserve transportation services with a company that is in COMPLIANCE with the New Health and Safety Regulations and Protocols. Below is a list of transportation services available to passengers arriving at Cancun Airport. For your benefit, some rates have been discounted up to 50% from the regular rates.
- TRANSPORTATION TO HOTELS/LODGING - Options include Shared Shuttles, Economical Services, Private Services, Van Services, etc. (Includes a Welcome Gift) Please visit: https://www.cancunairport.com/transportation.html
- CANCUN LIMOUSINE SERVICE - Private Services, Sedans, VIP Services, Limos: www.CancunLimousine.com
- AIRPORT TAXIS - Rates and reservations: https://www.cancunairport.com/taxi.html
- RENTAL CARS - Cancun Airport is the largest RENTAL CAR CENTER in the area. Visit: https://www.cancunairport.com/rental-car-agencies.html to book your car.
- PUBLIC BUSES - Public Bus Service from the airport to Cancun, Playa del Carmen, and Tulum: https://www.cancunairport.com/public-buses.html